Thursday 8 April 2010

Updated Jed

ok guys, heres the link:

Jed Updated

The spine roll attribute is connected to the rotation of the master control, so when you turn the whole thing the spine and the head go with it now. The head turn attribute now works, and the afro follows. The rotate Y on the afro control is now un-useable as a result, although I did check to see how useful that was and to be honest there would have been no point keying it anyway.
There are also head_twist and spine_twist attributes, but these are kind of crap- the afro doesnt follow the head_twist, and the spine_twist unavoidably turns the head as well. These attributes dont seem too important though, so I havnt bothered trying to sort them out.
There are also two new attributes on the fingers- Finger_crunch, and Finger_drop. I added these for my own personal gain for a short body-popping animation, I dont know if they will be any use to you but they're there all the same.

Scaling it up is proving very problematic. Adjusting the scripts with the new initial distances dosent work for the arms and spline handles, and I dont know how to get over the unwanted geometery deformations either. Im going to email Hulse and arrainge a time when we can work something out.

Let me know if you can see any immediate problems with the updates and I'll get straight on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment