Tuesday 26 January 2010


With Edgley's render of Ed, I've done a couple of quick tests in Photoshop.

Image 1) Applying a blur layer, softening the light and shadow, as well as altering the colour of the skin to more warm (the lighting in the hospital room will be white/slightly yellowish). The colour may be too yellow, but I don't think we should have it too green either.

Image 2) Applying a texture. I have used an Apple skin, as I thought this would be a good way of achieving the freckles or spots on Ed.

You probably can't tell the difference, but you know me, I enjoy putting these up here for the hell of it :)

4 comments:

  1. They definitely has better light/shadow and colour, before it looked like it needed a bounce light.

    The texture is kind of the right idea but needs major work, it's to contrasty in parts but I assume that's because you've just applied a blend-layer rather than putting it on the model.

    The blur layer is unnoticeable, Grigs stop duplicating layers and applying minimal changes, you're doing a John and Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil enough with the lighting! If it were up to you EVERYTHING would have a bounce light.

    FUCKING EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE A BOUNCE LIGHT!

    Anyway, I think the Original and 1 are the best. Like Phil said the blur layer is pretty much invisible to the non-Grigsby eye. Still the warmer touch, especially around the eye, is nice. I think the apple texture looks more like dirt than skin so we'll have to sort that out when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Als, that's because light bounces and if light didn't bounce, we wouldn't see anything.

    ReplyDelete