Friday 5 February 2010

Rigging progress











I've set up the skeleton on ed and added controls where appropriate. The rotations of the right wrist are all wrong though, they dont match up to the rotations of the controller so its off when the two are connected. I cant remember sultans method of getting them to match. I also cant remember his method of setting up a spine to do ik/fk, which is a shame coz it was really useful. To be honest theres a lot of things from that lecture that i feel i need to use but the notes have been removed from moodle. Either that or they've been moved somewhere, which pretty much means theyr lost forever.
I spoke to Alex Hulse today, who showed me a bit of basic scripting. I'm basically going to have to do some scripting to get stretchy/bendy arms. He also told me you could skin joints to a lattice deformer, which I thought would help with the issues on Splay, but it doesnt work.
I've pretty much done everything i can now without working out the solutions to these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment