Tuesday 9 February 2010

Rigging update

Hey guys, I sent an email off to Alex, hopefully to organise a time when we can fully sit down and just get this sorted out cos its gone on for far too long now. Essentially I had a crack at this tutorial I found that looks like it does exactly what we need it to. Here, have a look at the vid on this link:
awsome stretchy bendy arms
looks perfect right? Unfortunately I havn't even run into any scripting yet (thought there is a fair bit of scripting involved) and I've run into various problems. Point constraints seem to flip the wrist and forearms over 180 degrees, and furthermore most of the scripting and expressions involved are written for arm joints of equal length. Neither ed nor jed have forearms that match the lenght of the upper arms, so I will have to work out how to adjust the scripts accordingly.
Sorry this has taken so long guys, things ought to pick up a bit after this hurdle.

3 comments:

  1. Dave try e-mailing him, it certainly couldn't hurt to see whether he can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave what's the progress on the Splay rig?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so mate because we're falling way behind schedule with this rig now :( The team is in tommorow so please come in X Edge

    ReplyDelete